All resident applicants must place an application through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) . Interviews will be conducted in November, December and January of each year. Deadline for applications is October 15th. For more information please contact our Residency Coordinator.
The following items must be received through the ERAS system in order for your application to be complete:
- Application Form.
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (“The Dean’s Letter”).
- Medical School Transcript.
- USMLE Transcript and Exam History
- Neurosurgery Department Chairman’s Letter of Reference.
- Two letters of recommendation from members of the Department of Neurosurgery and letters from attending physicians supervising your neurosurgery internship or neurosurgical experience are highly suggested.
- Personal Statement.
All applicants must be eligible for physicians in training permit or licensure by the Texas Medical Board. Additionally, all applicants for our Residency Training Program must clear a screening process to ensure that they are not listed by a federal agency as excluded, suspended, or otherwise ineligible for participation in federal programs. The Health Science Center will perform the screening for you at no cost.
For details on United States Medical Licensure Examination (USMLE) Guideline, review USMLE Requirements.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Residency Coordinator.