Ian McDougall, M.D.
Ian McDougall, M.D, completed his undergraduate education at West Point and his medical education at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS) in Bethesda, Maryland. He currently has an active duty service commitment to the United States Army upon completion of his neurosurgery residency training. His research interests involve helping military members cope with pathologies that are frequently associated with military service. To that end, he is currently studying the application of deep brain stimulation for the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder and traumatic brain injury.
M.D. – Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (2008-2012)
B.S. – United States Military Academy, West Point (2004-2008)
Awards & Accomplishments
- Alpha Omega Alpha – Medical Honor Society (elected 2011)
- Gamma Sigma Epsilon – Chemistry Honor Society (elected 2007)
- Association of Military Surgeons of the United States – Award for Military Medical Excellence (2012)
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Army Medical Department